The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Power Pugs pt.3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Peugeot - The Lion's Den
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionTamer
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bilstiens are top brand, 6yrs useage is ok if the car is a daily driver & takes plenty running, remember with performance suspension & that height which is pretty low it is more work on the susspension especially if it running everyday. Springs also loose their tension over time & goes somewhat dead. If you want shocks only i strongly recommend going back with same shock as this is a sure match. If you consider changing then change both spring & shock, do you find the ride comfortable at that height? you get any resisitance(knocking) from bump stops?
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the height is comfortable. So far no knocking..But if this leak is small i want to start putting aside funds to get this replace this yr.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LionTamer
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea, the leak will get worse, then the shock is no good, but you should have no problem there too much as i have seen on this forum that we appear to have guys offering to bring in parts for pugs from Larkspeed i think. I have brought parts from Larkspeed myself & they have good stuff that works.
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices reasonable from Larkspeed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LionTamer
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.......well this ride is finally done. Tuned & ready to be driven, before i reveal the numbers, let me just say our pump gas is really not forgiving to boosted engines. I am able to run 2 stages of boost low being 15psi on pump gas making a mere 180whp at the wheels (no great acheivement there). By just changing the fuel to what is known as Q16 boost goes up to 24psi giving a reliable & wonderful figure of 320whp. This is also done on what is know as a dyno dynamics dyno....which actually takes into consideration load on the vehicle, which simply means on another dyno the numbers will be even higher. I could have easily push the boost higher to make more hp but this makes no sense in a front wheel drive as i am seeing traction & torque steer as being a problem.
Mission complete with this project.
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear this..As you said mission completed.... Peugeot
LionTamer
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its been a while. Well i finally break d engine. Just to let you guys know, my 306 still around but for the last 2 months it has been at the tuner's shop undergoing open heart surgery. One friday nite, i on Nestle lites heading home & this older model black M3 pull up along side with his girl riding shot gun & trying to chain me up, well i take d chain up. After a nite on d 4sure running some scobby's & Evo's, i decide i want more, now i like d euro to euro battle. But i know a M3 will launch out on my rass clat so i need a rolling start, i switch to race gas from fuel cell in trunk & hit high boost 26psi, so i pretend to not take him on & when d lite change to green, i roll off in 1st & shift 2nd early, well i press out with dat shift & d M3 was right there now edging ahead, shift to 3rd & d M3 was dust after 4th gear shift so was my engine...but i did smoke him to valpark lites all d way.... i broke a rod & bent the other 3. D good news is the rods was bone stock 2.0 litre rods from a used block with about 10yrs of mileage on it. However it did have ARP con rod bolts. So in short my ride now being re-built & re-stroked with forged rods, a new set of pistons from WISECO, a complete bottom end re-build. When the engine broke it was dynoed 330 at the wheels on 26psi using race fuel, this is still a 1.8 single cam head. This thing is a handful on high boost, the low boost is 14psi & makes only 185bhp on pump gas. However i dont launch cause d gearbox broke once while in 4th & a piece of gear came thru the bell housing, so i try to pet it a little as the gearbox cant take this power, but it will have to do until a better gearbox comes around. After rebuild i not looking for any more power out of it, same 330bhp is pretty awesome enuff for this ride.

Last edited by LionTamer on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing i could say u had to be the only person so far we know who 306 hitting 330bhp...Is there a way u could source parts out of a rally version pug? I know the rally version 2.0 is 350hp so in short their gearbox must be design for this...
wagonrunner
Zorce Jedi Knight

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plex,
while the rally spec may be able to handle the power, it wont be a daily driver.
two things very common in autosports. spares, and rebuilds.

Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with.
LionTamer
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WagonRunner is right, i am sure i can get such a box if i really wanted but i dont think i want to, not for a front wheel drive, i have invested in another serious ride to push the seriously bigger HP, this 306 is now my daily driver, i dont want to add not one more horse power to it, right now it is very nice to drive with aircon etc. while i would like a gearbox that can take the power, the investment to me is not worth it unless i can get a GTI6 box locally, other than that i not really trying to do anymore mods, it has been a long hard road to get this car to this stage with all the research & experimenting, but i wont do it a second time as it becomes frustrating after a while. I am very happy with the turn out of it, most local tuners dont respect pugs on the whole, but horse power is horse power, being front wheel drive we all know the problems & limitations associated with that, but i was determined to finish this project, so now its just drive & maintain, no more mods, i have already broke the barrier locally, what i would like when it is back on the road is if i can get some runs with some other pugs, i am NOT calling out anyone just fun runs, i have heard of a few pugs that is supposed to be working well so if you guys dont mind lets see if my pug is really all that i say it is Smile again just fun runs, unless someone wants to take it serious i dont mind that either, but none of you guys ever saw this ride run so it would be interesting. So all the men with pugs that running come & line up & lets all see if all my time & $$$ was well spent, next thing you know i get destroyed by some sleeper pug out there Smile. I once spoke to a guy who say he beat me already, which never happened by the way, its a dark skin guy driving a orange hatch somewhere from Belmont i think, dont know his name but he look like he want bragging rights so he could be the first, meet him by Curtis one Saturday & he started talking sheit, so i called him out right there & then but he back down, so he has an open invite, if he taking chain up, i want plenty pug men there to see me get licks, not just him & me i want witnesses with cameras too.
Plex i know you always want to do a pug lime or something so, well look you getting a chance to organise one that i sure men will want to see & take part. Let me know, i not going to have my ride back till after xmas it looks like as i waiting for main bearings & truss washers from N&M & engine has to break out, so this could be by Feb 2011, enuff time for men to tune their rides. Let me know
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure LionTamer next yr we looking to have a lime..There are lots of pug drivers out there and i been hearing some ' tune ' ones. We have it in Feb so that gives enough time for all...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Peugeot - The Lion's Den All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: