The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FAQs and Fantasy!... ALL questions welcome!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cedia 2nr wrote:
...i'm putting in a 4g93t gdi or 4g93t gsr if i cud find it in my cedia lancer...
i wanna know what upgrades i will need for this to be possible?

do i need injectors, axels, i/c and piping, fuel pump, management? reason i'm asking its becuz i'm leavin the engine stock so i dont know if i need to upgrade anything.

can u point me in the right direction or refer a thread based on 4g93t conversions? any help would be gr8ly appreciated bro. Thank you and looking 4ward for a reply.

Hi Cedia 2nr. FYI, I know VERY little about CS3 and newer models. More accurate info may be available off Mitsubishi Lancer Register, etc.

To start with...a 4G93T GDi swap and a 4G93T swap are completely different animals. The GDi version (138 bhp) has zero support in the aftermarket. So use all stock parts from a 'front cut' and STOP THERE!

For the 4G93T a few aftermarket parts are available but they are expensive... check RPW in Australia... and Co-OrdSport or Xtreme Motors in UK.
IMHO upgrade con-rods (forged) if you want and leave everything else STOCK. Add upgraded in-tank Walbro fuel pump and that's it. IMHO, 205-210 bhp (stock 4G93T) is perfect for a fwd CS3. You don't need any more than that.

what CS3A upgrades... Why worry with upgrades for a 4G93T GDi? Just buy a "front half" from a suitable model and use everything, including brakes, master cylinder etc.
If you must upgrade, then focus on better brakes, struts & rear shocks and rims & tyres.

For a 4G93T swap, you MUST upgrade brakes. Look for Evo 4 front calipers & master cylinder.
You may have to get an adapter made for the upright/hub (not sure) but the better stopping power will be worth the trouble. BTW I had a 4wd GSR... you will need better brakes. Even OEM GSR brakes were a waste of time... So use Evo 4 front calipers and master cylinder, at least.

My $0.02¢
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nr K wrote:
...a guy... bought an evo... it had a lot or rusting... where the diff bolts to the chassis it looked like its cracking like if it is rotting and now starting to show signs of breakage... a couple fellas who said... just unbolting the part there and putting a steel plate between it and welding it to the chassis.

what you thing we can do to correct that problem??
Funny you should ask. I read a thread on MLR recently about that identical problem.
That member did a "shell swap." Unfortunately we don't have that option locally.
Link--> Potential Evo buyers beware of rust.

I don't advise doing all of the following... but this is how I am going to 'prep' my chassis during my Project Solodex Evo 6 rebuild next year... Just pick the ones that are useful in your case.
. Dissasembly: Completely gut the shell (doors, front fenders & both windscreens too) and mount it in a rotisserie, after installing door braces & cross-support bars.
Add all chassis-bars (front & rear strut bars... "stripped" front cross-member, drive-shaft cross-member, rear diff member etc.) first, to avoid distortion when welding.
. Chassis Cleaning: Pressure blast body panels with Washing Soda...
Blast the chassis-rails, wheel-arches & floors with more aggressive blast media (Aluminum Oxide?)
. Rust-proofing "A": Treat chassis with "Wonder" or similar.
. Chassis-stiffening "A": Stitch-weld entire shell using MIG (with Argon gas-shielding.)
. Chassis-stiffening "B": Weld chassis reinforcement gussets... Front Shock Towers... etc.
Sanctifier wrote:
Now is a good time to repair/reinforce the damaged rear chassis area.
Mig weld all cracks closed (using Argon shielding) using stitch-welds only to avoid distortion.
Use Terocore (below) as added reinforcement if possible.

Try to use a similar gauge as the original section... cut holes (cup-saw) in panel surface and stitch-weld in place.
. Chassis-stiffening "C": Inject FoamSeal or Terocore Urethane Foam into ALL chassis box-sections...
Sanctifier wrote:
As a general rule, use 2 lb. density foam in most longitudinal sections... Chassis rails... Rocker panels etc. and higher density (8 lb.?) foam in most vertical sections... A-pillar... B-pillar... C-pillar... etc.
BTW Expanding Urethane Foam is ideal to prevent future rust by filling all voids to keep out moisture.
Link--> The Truth: ~ About Rollcages & Racing Harnesses - Page 2.
. Body Preperation & Paint: Prep... Prime... and Paint the shell.
. Rust-proofing "B": Spray all appropriate areas of the chassis with 3M Body Schutz. It's expensive... but it's the best rust-proofing compound that I have used.

My $0.05¢ Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: