Zorce Jedi Knight
Joined: 26 Jan 2007
|Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:10 pm Post subject: MotoGP: Le Mans, France - Race Results
|Race results from the French MotoGP at Le Mans, round 4 of the 2011 world championship.
Marco Simoncelli was given a ride-though penalty after clashing with Dani Pedrosa for second place.
Pedrosa, who fell, is reported to have broken his right collarbone.
Andrea Dovizioso then claimed his first podium of the season with second behind Casey Stoner. Valentino Rossi took his first ever Ducati podium with third.
1. Casey Stoner AUS Repsol Honda Team 44m 3.955s
2. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 44m 18.169s
3. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 44m 18.519s
4. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 44m 25.030s
5. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 44m 35.200s
6. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 44m 35.564s
7. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 44m 39.521s
8. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 44m 55.457s
9. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar Team 45m 7.686s
10. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 45m 7.840s
11. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 45m 8.023s
12. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 45m 8.147s
13. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 2 laps
Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team
Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team
Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3
Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team