The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return of The Evo - 2015 Evolution XI.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Return of The Evo - 2015 Evolution XI. Reply with quote

Nope, looks like the Mitsubishi Evolution isn't dead after all...
Here's feedback from a couple sources about the new 2015 Evolution XI... (Pix to follow...)

MotorTrend... Link--> Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Coming Back.

2015 New Car Reviews... Link--> 2015 Mitsubishi EVO – New Generation.

Last edited by Sanctifier on Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Morpheus23
Looking for the Jedi base

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they do something. Take a page from KIA/Hyundai. Make some moves, be bold. Capture people's attention.
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kia has some of the most radical econo-car styling in the international market and it shows in their sales. IMHO Mitsubishi should take a leaf from their book. Mitsubishi used to think that using the "Evolution" name and riding on the coat-tail of rally successes of 16 YEARS AGO would cut it today... and they were WRONG! It cost them the US market.
Sanctifier wrote:
Yup, this is a rant but let's be totally honest here... The Gen#3 Evo (Evo 7-9) was NEVER truly successful in WRC competition... and though they enjoyed reasonable sales, they were never as popular as the Gen#2 Evo 4-6 models... or even the Gen#1 Evo 1-3 models. Their only 'claim to fame' being the Evo 9 GT. At least I've never seen any pole, on any Forum with a different result.
And as for the Gen#4 Evo X... well the less said about that one, the better! Rolling Eyes
Let's keep this in mind: Evo 1 GSR = 2,734 lb...
................................ Evo 4 GSR = 2,976 lb...
................................ Evo 6 GSR = 2,998 lb...
................................ Evo 9 GSR = 3,285 lb... and
................................ Evo X GSR = 3,527 lb...
Sanctifier wrote:
BTW for the record, an Evo X MR now weighs 800 lb (363 kg) more than an Evo 6 RS...
and FYI that's 992 lb (450 kg) more than the Evo 1 RS... See what I mean? Rolling Eyes
The current Gen#4 so-called "Evolution X" gets BIGGER and HEAVIER every year; with an engine (4B11) that the best tuners in the industry admit is not as strong, or as reliable as the older 4G63.

Yet Mitsubishi continues to 'force' ever more complex (and EXPENSIVE) hybrids onto the market. A market whose younger segment find it even less affordable to buy and more expensive to MAINTAIN... and their sales keep falling off as a result... NOT a very "bright" marketing strategy IMHO.

Personally, I prefer to 'nurse maid' my Evo 6 RS2 forever, rather than try to pay the maintenance bills for a new Evo XI with 4-cyl Turbo motor + "electronic-everything" drivetrain + 1, 2 or more electric motors (Mitsubishi's version of "milage maximizer")... or a new version of "KERS"... or whatever new gizmo Mitsubishi cooks up. Quite likely I'll be able to "eat them for breakfast" too. Laughing

All those gizmos might well be great... in a JDM or US market with cheaper parts... but not in good ol' T&T; where a simple rear hub bearing for a 'shark mouth' Gallant used to cost over $1,200.00 from the local Dealer Exclamation ... FOR ONE! Shocked
FYI: Nope I didn't pay that. I bought 2 x "made-in-England" substitutes for $525.00... for BOTH! Wink

My $0.02¢
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, it sounds like the 2015 Mitsubishi Evo XI will be HOT!!!
It may even prove to be a "Nissan RB35 killer"... we'll see how it goes.

Nevertheless, I still can't afford to buy and maintain one properly... unless I win a huge 'Lotto'
so IMHO it's still my Evo 6 RS2 FTW

My

Last edited by Sanctifier on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Morpheus23
Looking for the Jedi base

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish they run at least 3 model in this format/body style like they always did. The design is 7yrs old.....
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

END OF THE PASSION!... Evolution, on the slippery (brown!) slope to Extinction!
Sanctifier wrote:
Yup, in the auto enthusiast's world, "Marketing" trumps "Passion" that's for sure!
A few months ago...
MotorTrend... Link--> Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Coming Back.

Fast forward to June 2015...
Not quite sure what the hell is going on at but I read this today...
Car & Driver: June 2015 wrote:
Instrumented Test: 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR.
The last Evo wasn't the best Evo, but we're still going to miss it.

It is a sad day when we learn of a fun and attainable car getting the ax. Unfortunately, the auto business is driven largely by dollars and not emotion; otherwise we would still have Wankel-engined cars from Mazda and Elises from Lotus. Mitsubishi will take the Evolution’s low-volume, halo-car budget and throw it at APPLIANCE-GRADE commuter vehicles with plug-in-hybrid powertrains, with the hopes of selling thousands more cars. If the Mitsubishis people prefer to buy are to become increasingly boring, we suppose that’s a sort of evolution after all. It just isn’t the Evolution we want.
Sanctifier wrote:
APPLIANCE-GRADE... So the Evo XI is about to be compared to a high-performance "dish-washer?"... Rolling Eyes
No more passion?... Just another hybrid SUV, overstuffed with electronic gadgets to make it corner well?...
Now that is sad!... 'Nuff said! Crying or Very sad
Link--> 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR.
AutoCar wrote:
Autocar understands that the next Evo will switch to a diesel-electric hybrid powertrain, designed to save the car from tightening economy and emissions regs, while preserving its trademark mid-range shove.

Engineers hope that the mix of clean-diesel torque and electric motor assistance will allow the Evo XI to deliver a 0-62mph time of under five seconds, yet cut CO2 emissions to well under 200g/km.
Link--> Mitsubishi confirms Evo successor.

Sanctifier wrote:
^ ^ ^... Successor???... Really? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong... but didn't a stock Evo 6 GSR hit 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds?...
BTW, that was 16 years ago ---> back in 1999 Exclamation ... Back to the future or what!!! Rolling Eyes

Buy a new Evo XI sir?... Nahhh!! No thanks!... Well maybe for the wife. It should make a quick, safe 'school bus'... but only if I win a $10,000,000 Lotto first! Let's see AMS & Buschur 'tweek' that one for Time Attack!... Bigger electric motors, anyone? Laughing

My

Sanctifier wrote:
So the mighty EVO!..., 4-time world champion...
Not even allowed to "pass out" with class but "Head down... with a wimper."
RIP!... The legend will be missed... Sad!

Does anyone have more info on this sad joke? Neutral
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: