The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MGB GT It's not finished yet :(
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Secret Project Room (tsk)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: MGB GT It's not finished yet :( Reply with quote

for those who lost track, had it towed home form last CARS BYCC (thanks Crix, Stang, Kamikaze) cuz ignition cut out, and killed electrical fuel pump, so car ran out of fuel.........so finally ripped the ignition switch apart...........and it dead, deceased, gone forever.....CURSE YOU, Prince of Darkness Evil or Very Mad
So.........I now have the ignition wires exposed so I can hotwire it and drive it around...........not the best option, but a new assembly is US$75..........so........thinkin about puttin in a toggle switch for the ignition, and a Start Button...........already have 2 redundant switches on the center console I can use, and I can either install a start button or convert the spring loaded windshield washer button at the end of the wiper stalk as a start button............decisions, decisions, decisions

I know it's so, for I told me so

Last edited by MG Man on Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say install the starter button somewhere logical or fairly out of sight (might be good for security - oh shite did I just tell everyone?). Imagine if you driving and fighting the steering and hit the starter mid-drive, then you might curse more than the prince...
Download & SEE iT! >> http://www.zorce.com/fortheforums/Zorce-15.mp4

Oh Yeah! Feel the Rush, it's like... WOW!
May the (Mass x Acceleration)-F+Z be with you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
horsepwrjunki
Budding Solodexer?

Location: at d first last street,up de hill down the second left, up the right, upstairs *knock first plz*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ haha.. yeah .. esp like u start to spin again.. ( which was fun no arse) and hit the starter button and the starte tumble as u applying power.. uugghhhhhh

but u finds that sounds liek a realll kwel idea.. have it liek them old jag racers... fuel switch, igition and then a starter button.. and a redundant one hidden some were like a master.. hass that go baffel dem more dan ne ting else
________
Ford Xp Falcon Picture

Last edited by horsepwrjunki on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well to answer Narend's concern...........who gwan thief that??????? I was thinkin ah big, shiny button wid de word START, or maybe LAUNCH Smile In any event you'd have to arm the ignition switch first.......hey! ARM switch too Smile Smile

Junki as u mention fuel pump switch, I now thinkin I'll need a failsafe for the electric fuel pump, in case I er......um.....crash? Maybe an oil pressure switch that would kill the fuel pump once the engine loses oil pressure. I have one to install on the HSR one ah these good days...........but its a good safeguard

NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, who gonna steal the MG...

Actually I like the ARM and LAUNCH idea lol...
Download & SEE iT! >> http://www.zorce.com/fortheforums/Zorce-15.mp4

Oh Yeah! Feel the Rush, it's like... WOW!
May the (Mass x Acceleration)-F+Z be with you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
horsepwrjunki
Budding Solodexer?

Location: at d first last street,up de hill down the second left, up the right, upstairs *knock first plz*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dittio on the arm an launch.. lol..

and i feel sorry for the person who try to steal the mg. it go probaly look at them , fold its arms an sit in on spot ao pout ne ways.. lol

yeah tha oil pressre thing sounds like a good idea...
________
Glass weed pipe

Last edited by horsepwrjunki on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since the room seems quiet, I'll bore you lads on my week so far.......

decided to hotwire the MG and take it to work to get some new tyres.....so she is happily rolling on some brand new Goodyear Eagle NCT5, 195 60R 14, up from the old 185 60R 14s....this new size definitely agrees with the car, as it is now riding much smoother, and the bone-jarring experience over the bumps is gone. It feels nice aqnd toit, and cornering is more positive. I haven't tested them at the limit since my clutch is on its dying legs, and cannot deal with redline launches and hard downshifts.......so I am off to jolly olde Rio Claro to see if I can get a clutch plate, hopefully later today. If I succeed, it will be a true test for the Goodyears at Dex! The ignition is still a mess, but at least I can drive! Next step is sone Kendall 20W50

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so I got the clutch plate, and allI need to do is pull the engine and change it. In my never ending quest for tools to make my tinkering easier, I gave in to temptation on Saturday and ought a hydraulic engine crane from FT Farfan.....I managed one more SOlodex on the old clutch, and the car managed to hold together long enough to edge out a B11 sunny for the win, and to give Rover a fun run around the course. The new tyres definitely improved the handling, with the car progressing from mild understeer into predictable and throttle-controllable oversteer. Also for the firs time, I got the car up on thre wheels! Clearly the Goodyears are holding on tight!

I also put in some Kendall 20W50 mineral, same as Narend's 7, and the new oil managed to keep everything cool. Usually I run hot beteween runs, but now the temp never goes past N (normal), so looks like I'll be sticking to the Kendall Oil

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

la de da, Solodex on Sunday................I have done NOTHING to the car in the interim, so we'll see what happens

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ditto...........again
we'll see what happens............

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so yet another Dex has passed, with the only thing being done to the car was to top up the oil, and swap tyres front to back...........the car really enjoyed yesterday's fast course, with a 75 sec third run. Doubt I'll have time for a clutch swap for Dex IV, and I doubt I'll do the basic tappets / carb / distributir tuneup either.........

MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

once again, Procrastination kills.......................I seem to have misplaced the clutch plate Shocked
No new clutch nex dex Confused

horsepwrjunki
Budding Solodexer?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused bad kevin, bad!
________
Smoke weed every day

Last edited by horsepwrjunki on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed
I so $ad about thi$ $ituation

horsepwrjunki
Budding Solodexer?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hee hee.. i know that $ituation all too well and it is a big factor in why i $itting this event out.. and explain$ my presenty $ucky mood Crying or Very sad
________
Buy no2 vaporizer

Last edited by horsepwrjunki on Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Secret Project Room (tsk) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: