The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GT5P shown at 4x HD resolution (3840x2160 @ 240FPS)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: GT5P shown at 4x HD resolution (3840x2160 @ 240FPS) Reply with quote

"Gran Turismo in 4 times the resolution of Full HD

Polyphony Digital also presented two technological trials for the next generation at this event. Both of the presentations, were founded on the philosophy of "achieving the highest possible quality" held over the years by Gran Turismo.

One of these, was a time trial competition using Sony's newest digital cinema projector, the "SRX-S110". Gran Turismo 5 prologue is already in Full HD resolution at 1920 x 1080 pixels, providing the highest resolution possible in today's TV content. However in this time trial, the Full HD image was increased to twice the resolution both vertically and horizontally (4x the surface area), enabling game play at an ultra high resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels. This was performed by connecting and synchronizing four Playstation 3's outputting a quarter of the image each at 1920x1080 pixels, but you must remember this demands an extremely high quality image from the source that can withstand the ultra high resolution. It can be said that this demonstration was only made possible, because the source image was Gran Turismo......

The crowd was simply amazed by the clarity of the image displayed on the massive 220 inch screen, and the players who participated in the time trial expressed their excitement of how perfectly in focus the screen is even close up, and at the quality of Gran Turismo......

You can see the shocking difference of this high frame rate Gran Turismo immediately when you see the screen. It is as though you are following a real world event happening right in front of your face with your own eyes. Any and all flickering in the movement of the vehicle, in the smoke from the tires, etc. are completely gone, and you are almost tricked into believing you are watching something in real life. The guests at the event were baffled by the quality of the image, and stared in amazement at the screen.

The event merging cars, art, design and music, reached its finale with great success, and through two revolutionary demonstrations, Gran Turismo has also succeeded in producing a clear image of the future, and the road to get there."
Updates:
There is a report stating that

"Lately, many console fans have been checking both the Xbox 360 and PS3 when submitting news articles. It's so their console news will show up on the opposing console's page, thus causing even more 12-year-old-boy fights."

At no time did I "check both the Xbox 360 and PS3 when submitting news articles". The only Channels I selected are the PROPER ones for the story ~ PlayStation 3 | Gaming | Tech. Please refrain from reporting stories if you don't know what you are talking about. Get YOUR story straight.

As for the new report. If you can explain in a PM how to fix a Wrong Type or Other report, I will be more than happy to adjust it but from my understanding it is not possible and thus why I added this update. To show and have proof why certain stories get "failed" even after being done properly. I have seen other articles and had another removed because of false reporting. I am not letting any false reports slide.

For more infor : http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/sp/d2788.html

N4G
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Z-Games All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: