The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bike Week 2009 - Got Pics!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Bike Week 2009 - Got Pics! Reply with quote

So Picture this,

.. Live music jammin', alcohol flowin' and yeah plenty bottom on de road.. No I didn't make a mistake with the title.. add few thousand bikes and it's Bike Week 2009 in Daytona Smile

Maybe it's my 'Zorcey' background, but bike week always brings a giddy inner joy that just resonates and bubbles inside with every roar of a bike passing by. And there were MANY passing by Cool! This year I was pleasantly surprised to see a great turnout, despite the economic situations for many people here now. For many it was a great break from reality and bring back some fun.

I was kinda disappointed about the lack of enough bumsee however! .. haha.. It was for the most part a cold week so I guess I'll let it go.. It started to make me think tho - I'm not sure that I like all these new female riders too much - they have to dress serious to ride - in case they fall - can't dress to 'impress' when they're riding with their partners on the back. Can't blame those girls tho - I'd do the same.

I have to make special mention of the Dirty Harry's wet t-shirt competition though. We made it on Sunday, the last day. The host for the day was HILARIOUS! A real red neck that just had a line for everything! I swear we were watching the Comedy Channel. AND to top it off, the crowd chose the 'fullest' woman to win the show, just showing you that the acceptance level for Bike week is not all about the typical perceptions of beauty! (Yea we rooted for her too! ) That's why I love it - there's a happy, carefree vibe from everyone you meet. Yet another reason it reminds me also of Trini Carnival Smile

This year I didn't plan on shooting, so only a few shots for memory sake. But I've added some photos from the local paper - News Journal.. Hope you guys enjoy. Smile

FUN Traffic - For real, we intentionally passed this route to be in de action!

Welcome signs everywhere.

Sweet chopper.

Chrome ALL!

Best hat at the event.

Our riding buddies.

Us!

Bacchanal

Got tips?

The best one at the Full Moon Bar

Wet T-shirt Competition @ Dirty Harry's

Winner

Last edited by Princess-Kaveshla on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now from other Sources:

News Journal | Jim Tiller :

Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ben Bostrom Scores First Daytona 200 by Honda Win for Team Graves Yamaha Under the Lights

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (March 6, 2009) - Ben Bostrom took the lead from M4 Suzuki rider Jason DiSalvo on the run through Daytona International Speedway's tri-oval on Lap 53 and then joined young teammate Josh Herrin in scoring a one-two finish for Team Graves Yamaha Friday in the Daytona 200 by Honda AMA Pro Daytona SportBike presented by AMSOIL race.

Starting first on the grid on his No. 1s Yamaha YZF-R6 after winning the pole in Thursday's single-bike Superpole qualifying, Bostrom became the first rider since Miguel Duhamel in 2005 to win America's premier motorcycle road race from the top starting spot. He won his first career Daytona 200 victory in his fifth start and had a previous best finish of second in 2003.

"I've tried to win this thing," Bostrom said. "We have been on the pole here twice now and I have lost the race here by two-thousandths of a second. I know what it's like in the heart when you take second at Daytona. It hurts. Now I know what it's like to win."

Bostrom led from the start, lost the lead momentarily in the infield to Danny Eslick and the No. 9 Bruce Rossmeyer's Daytona Racing/RMR Buell 1125R on the opening lap, but then powered past Eslick to officially lead Lap 1. From there, Bostrom stayed in the lead pack for the entire race, frequently swapping the top spots with Eslick, Team Graves Yamaha teammates Herrin and Josh Hayes (No. 4 Yamaha YZF-R6) and M4 Suzuki teammates DiSalvo and Martin Cardenas.

"The race was really intense and under the lights it was really spectacular," Bostrom said. "When we started out, there were several of us going tooth and nail at the front. I loved every minute of it."

Bostrom crossed the finish line .554 of a second ahead of Herrin's similar No. 8 Team Graves Yamaha YZF-R6 while DiSalvo finished third on his No. 40 Team M4 Suzuki GSX-R600.

The race was slowed by two safety car periods, including the first on lap 36 due to a temporary lighting failure on the back straight. A red flag was shown a few laps later when the fourth Team Graves rider, Tommy Aquino (No. 6 Yamaha YZF-R6), went down after being hit from behind when the field jammed up while slowing behind the safety car. Aquino was examined and released from the infield medical center and the field was reformed for a single-file restart.

After a few warm-up laps, racing resumed only to see the safety car return a few laps later for the downed bike of Kris Turner (No. 3 Team M4 Suzuki GSX-R600). The race returned to green on Lap 49 for a dash to the finish with Bostrom, Hayes, Herrin and DiSalvo at the point. DiSalvo took the lead on Lap 52 as he battled with the three Graves Yamahas.

"The M4 Suzuki was running really strong up top out there," DiSalvo said. "I think if we could have been a little bit closer and had a little bit better preparation coming into the final lap we could have made a run. We could have got the double draft and I was sitting in third thinking this was going to work out, but it wasn't to be tonight."

After Bostrom took the lead for good, Hayes was in hot pursuit only to lose control of his Yamaha exiting the infield's east horseshoe section. Hayes was uninjured after the tumble but will have to wait another year for his next shot at what is becoming an elusive Daytona 200 victory. He led a race high 27 laps, Bostrom led 22 laps, Cardenas - who finished eighth - was in front for four laps and DiSalvo and Herrin each led a single lap.

"It was a really awesome race and really eventful and probably one of the most exciting races I have been in," Herrin said. "For being my first 200, actually for my first race over 20 laps, I think I did really good and I am really happy with it. We got a Yamaha one-two finish and that might be the first time that has been done in the 200."

Jamie Hacking (No. 88 Monster Energy Attack Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R) and Shawn Higbee (No. 11 Higbee-Racing.com Buell 1125R) rounded out the top five to make it four different manufacturers represented in the top-five finishers.

Taken from AMA Pro Racing website.

Last edited by Princess-Kaveshla on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out some other great photos :
http://www.three8six.com/photo/PhotoGallery/tabid/674/AlbumId/177/Default.aspx
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow , nice shots..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess-Kaveshla.... Shocked you're a female Narend!!!!!

Laughing Laughing

just joking, Very nice shots....I'm jealous of you being there and i'm here stuck with a Feb 2010 passport renewal appointment....*sigh*
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

solo wrote:
Princess-Kaveshla.... Shocked you're a female Narend!!!!!

Laughing Laughing

just joking, Very nice shots....I'm jealous of you being there and i'm here stuck with a Feb 2010 passport renewal appointment....*sigh*

Hahaha.. well I AM related and I guess it shows ! haha...

Gosh I hear you on the passport craziness - they need a better system.
Tr1ad
Looking for the Jedi base

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noice
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did u get to meet Peter Egan?

I know it's so, for I told me so
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MG Man wrote:

Nah - Didn't do much 'star' hunting.. We took it as a break for us too - by the end of the week I felt like we had a well needed mini vacation.. Know that Jason Britton and Jordan was in town too... But might see Jason in TRINI! depending on how my plans go..
solo
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Princess-Kaveshla"]
MG Man wrote:

Nah - Didn't do much 'star' hunting.. We took it as a break for us too - by the end of the week I felt like we had a well needed mini vacation.. Know that Jason Britton and Jordan was in town too... But might see Jason in TRINI! depending on how my plans go..[/quote]

And this I heard weekend gone, just needed confirmation.....
That will be a pleasure to witness...
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

INTENSE MOTORSPORT ACTION and THE SAVE THE CHILDREN FOUNDATION

Come and see for the First time in Trinidad, JASON BRITTON and ERIC HOENSHELL of THE NO LIMIT STUNT TEAM performing alongside our own LOCAL TALENT - LYNDON, SCRAPER. MAD MAX CREW!

- WEDNESDAY 8th - PIARCO ARRIVAL, MEET AND GREET, LIME (TBA)
- THURSDAY 9th - TRADEWINDS HOTEL, AFTER-WORK LIME 4 to 7 PM
- FRIDAY 10TH - BIKE RIDE - ATHERLY'S San Fernando - Penal - QUAN'S Princes Town - CHERRIE'S Rio Claro - MERRYMEN Mayaro - Arima - POS - TBA
- SATURDAY 11TH - PENAL (SAMAR)
- SUNDAY 12TH - EAST / WEST CORRIDOR
- MONDAY 13TH - SKINNER PARK (Family Day)

Tr1ad
Looking for the Jedi base

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no close ups of wet tshirt contest?
Mr. Green
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehehehehe
Princess-Kaveshla
Zorce Jedi Photo Master

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No comment Whistle
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Moto-Z All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: