The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project "Restore Hope"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Secret Project Room (tsk)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banzai
Zorce Media Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twas looking at this car this AM.....and I was just looking at the lines... its pure sex!! i mean not a "oh leh we go and bull" kinda sex...i talking yuh 21 and yuh jsut bade down, yuh shave up and yuh parents house smelling FULL of lavender in preparation for "Lisa Ann" coming to "Study"...kinda bull..

[img]http://forums.trinituner.com/forums/garage.php?mode=view_gallery_item&type=garage_gallery&image_id=3054[/img]

which prompted me forth with to go do this...

De Sticker the car..... i have 4 white decals that i need to remove so that color theme remains Green, black and Red. (damm you Saprco pedals)...
[IMG:1082:720]http://i43.tinypic.com/sya7ty.jpg[/img]

the Skunk2 made sense when i was using the springs on the car. Since i've swapped out for SPAXX...no need for em again..

armed with Industrial Scaper and soap water....i began...

off. Now to use a razor to remove the "hard to scape" areas.....side next..

Car completely de-decaled.

Got a Gear boot...Courtesy of Honda. (why do they remove the part number? geex.....the interewebs you can find anything!!). Hope it meets your "red stitching" approval Hook.

Collected the Carbon Fiber Mirrors....thoguh im not sure im using them. I'm liking the feel of the MG Zr160 mirrors which require alot less work to fit up. I was liking the use of the LED's in the miorrors though.....will have to think it through some more...

Karl called and said engine fully built and locked up. So tomorrow taking those update pics and prepare for movements..

Ques. Anyone know wher i can get THermal Heat Wrap for a good price?...looking for about 20 yards. like this...
Banzai
Zorce Media Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technical update.

I got a bit of schooling today re: Cam lobes and Lift duration as it applies to making power and torque at both low and high RPM's

Honda have aftermarket rockers that are designed specifically to deal with high compression engines keeping the rocker "locked" in an open opsen postion to allow for the larger cam lobe to allow for at least 280 degrees of "activity" before closing again (stock rocker activity alllows for say....210 degrees...). Of course, the more air you get into the cumbustion chamber, the more power you effectivly make (with proper fuelling). Also bear in mind that we've increaded our stroke from 68.7mm to 86mm (tech men will immediately understand what was done..hehehehe)

Unfortunately, Nissan tuners are only now developing rockers for such application. So....we had to build our own "aftermarket" rockers.

Excuse the quality of the shots as i didnt have my cam on me and these were going back on the engine this afternoon... (Karl was in a mood....damm mechanics and dem...)

we had to make some taller VVL activation plungers to accomodate what we wanted to achieve. The stock vvl activation plungers were at 7mm. the new ones stand at 9mm.

This is how the stock rocker looks with the stock plunger when the "small cam lobes are in operation...

When the ECU requires more power (VVL activation) a small aperture is opened to allow for oil to flow in and send the plunger forward..

As a result, the rocker is now in a "locked" open position and allows for the "large cam lobe" to basically act as a "heavy hammer" to support the increased compression ratio. (stock SR16 is 11:1...we looking at 13.8:1).

Karls lower finger indicates the locked position with the stock rocker and plunger.

This is the top of the rocker so you can see the differnt areas that the 3 lobes within this area of the Cam hits. Remember we using N1 cams, so the duration is even longer (thus more air fills teh chamber ie: more power when the fuel and spark is mixed.)

With the rocker modified. This is how it looks.

Notice the new plunger (9mm) now has the lock in a fixed position, basically nulling out the small lobes and only using the larger lobe of the cam.

So thats the "Karl bit Engineering" at play. Got schooled Cam duration and its purpose in making power both low dow and an high up in the RPM range.

Some random shots of all the rockers complete with modifications done.

Hopefully by Wednesday we will begin the "Sub project" within this project called "project nip n tuck"...where we have to scrap down the entire front of the car (fenders, bonnet, front fascia) to do teh harness relocation.
Banzai
Zorce Media Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sex....

Banzai
Zorce Media Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chk this out.....pure sex....apart from the roll cage and the mud flaps (which are application specific)...i LOVE this look...

built from brand new shell, torquespeed cage with seamwelded engine bay, 270bhp 190ft lb torque, steel everything bottom end, fully dynoed and mapped by Richard longmans, and engine built by them. Carbon everywhere, kevlar seats, peugeot sport suspension.

Banzai
Zorce Media Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cylinder Head is on. N1 cams installed. ARP bolts tightened. Things look purty.

ARP bolts hold things together. Torqued down to 105 ft/lb of pressure. ARP specs (plus endless research on the interwebs)....

was comparing the cams to the stock SR16 cams...you can tell the difference from just viewing them. And now locked and loaded, they look the part.

modified rockers (with higher plungers) ready for action.

overhead shot of the Assembled head. The valve cover went for some cosmetic touching up today.

some other shots of other projects nearing completion in the shop. This van is a van that most STi's dont want to see....(it beat two at Camden last yr...)

engine bay represents "Likx".....1600 Suzuki power thats boosted.

Custom intake plenum with NIssan (model a secret) MAF.

and this? can we say 400 whp?....yes we can.....yes we can...

stripping down of front of car begins tomorrow. (ah did lennout meh tool box today nah..)
Banzai
Zorce Media Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Power that is a "10" socket....i dunno a better socket invented...lol....did all of todays work with one tool...a "10". socket.

Today we stripped down the front of the car so that we can start doing the "nip and tuck". What we are doing is making this engine bay....

look like this...

Started off trying to get the front grille/bumper combo off....used to do this in a snap back in the day...today i struggled...30mins to get to this point.

It's a good idea to take a marker or a Sharpie and trace the outline of the bolts that hold the fender on. This will allow you to reinstall the fender exactly the way it was without spending hours trying to realign it.

finally got it off.....and then aimed for the right fender...

We'll have to drill a hole on the inside here to allow for the injector harness and other bits to pass through....

car off th jacks....and ready to take the hole drilling. That sohuld be done tomorrow when I have more hands on deck.

alot of th lines that you see there apply to the ancillary systems of the Rover engine. We're removing all of that plus the heat stuff that's against the firewall. Hope to se some weight as well in the engine bay as a result.
Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all this was going on geez. and i hear trying to get my car back to stock. great project so far loving the seats.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice and sweet...So Banzai appreciate peugeot tunning in the pics i see....

Like that... Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smell a zorce feature in the making

I know it's so, for I told me so
Sheriff!
Riding Shotgun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MG Man wrote:
I smell a zorce feature in the making

Looking great so far!
Download & SEE iT! >> http://www.zorce.com/fortheforums/Zorce-15.mp4

Oh Yeah! Feel the Rush, it's like... WOW!
May the (Mass x Acceleration)-F+Z be with you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
VK-Sportsman
Zorce Jedi Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking the turbo Jimny. Nice to see someone turbo the G16 engine Twisted Evil . Wonder what piggyback, or EMS he's using Confused
zodiaque
Dude where's my Car?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liking the rover project! getting the engine bay clean is a challenge, one which I have to undertake as well. Mine looks like a distribution station Embarassed

Proud member of the TME and Old School Tuners clubs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Secret Project Room (tsk) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: