The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTK: replacing front hubs on Sportage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spike
Racing Wind!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: WTK: replacing front hubs on Sportage Reply with quote

Is there an alternative to the (PBB) Kia Sportage front hubs? I am referring to the outer hub that bolts onto the main hub with six 10 bolts, containing the cogs n wossnames that fit over the axle splines inside the outer housing, allowing the wheel to be connected to the axle enabling 4wd. I need to get the 4wd working again after some indifferent twit gutted mine. Won't say the name of the company, but I took it in for some servicing, and the next time I engaged 4wd, the front wheels didn't turn.
I know of WARN hubs in the States, but they seem to re-use some of the original parts in fitting theirs on (to reduce cost). Maybe there are free-wheeling hubs (or solid links that give a 'direct drive' like a Land Rover... don't care, not fussy, desperate) available. I don't mind building a hybrid hub using parts from other brands. It doesn't have to be self-locking.

I know some folks have abandoned their 4wd due to changing their drive train, leaving the outer hubs on (yes, they do look good).

If anyone can assist me by tossing some advice in my direction (or by giving some contact info re accessing used hubs) I would be quite grateful!

On the road/ off the road Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Trucks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: