The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vauxhall Adam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Vauxhall Adam Reply with quote

nice car, crappy name, lots taken from MINI's marketing playbook

FUNKY, ELEGANT AND SPORTY
The new Vauxhall ADAM is like no other car. It’s not just the bold stance and riotous colours; with ADAM, you can specify countless cool details. And thanks to three distinctive design approaches, this mini-urban car can be a funky ADAM JAM, a classy ADAM GLAM or an action-packed ADAM SLAM.

Dive into a world of personality and cruise the streets with the new ADAM.
Vauxhall Adam prices revealed
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
New Adam revealed in Paris streets
Prices range between £11,255 and £14,000
On sale early 2013

The Vauxhall Adam city car will cost from £11,255, following its unveil at the Paris motor show.

The car will be available in three trims - Jam, Slam and Glam - and buyers can choose between three petrol engines; a 69bhp 1.2-litre, a 1.4-litre with either 86bhp or 99bhp. All versions come with an engine stop-start system.

What's the Adam like outside?
GM chief designer Mark Adams said the Adam's chunky looks are deliberately styled to stand out from the 500 and Mini, both of which are unashamedly retro. In that respect the Adam succeeds; it looked modern, chic and quite funky as the Paris traffic rushed past.

Two of this afternoon's display cars were in Slam spec, which is designed to be more sporty, while a third example was in the 'trendy, funky' Jam. There's also a third core trim level, called Glam, that's designed to be more luxurious.

Adams has done good work recently on the Astra GTC and the Adam builds on that, with a floating roof, a wide, athletic stance (considerably wider than a Fiat 500) and numerous subtle embellishments. Chief among these are an Adam badge at the rear end of the arcing line on each side, and clipped-on colour tabs on the alloy wheels.

These have been patented, apparently, and can only be fixed or removed by using a special tool.

What's the Adam like inside?
There are a few recognisable GM parts in the Adam's cabin, including door handles and window switches that you'll know from a Corsa, but Vauxhall has done a decent job of making the rest of it look special. We sat in a Jam-spec car and found plenty of double stitching to give a feeling of luxury, a soft, patterned dashboard top and a funky LED ‘twinkling stars' headlining.

The cars on display were early pre-production examples, but it's fair to say that the Adam's cabin materials will easily match those of a Fiat 500, and perhaps prove closer to a Mini's. The rear seats look tiny, and the boot is only 130 litres - but then, this is a large city car more than a small supermini.

The coloured dashboard insert can be changed at any time, incidentally; each different type will cost around £125 including fitting at your dealer. Vauxhall did experiment with more DIY modifications, but decided against them because its marketing people were worried that poor-quality owner alterations could affect resale values.

The central-touch screen is a bit low for our liking, but it has a crisp resolution and when we stabbed our finger at a few of the buttons, it responded pretty slickly. It integrates with your mobile phone to offer a range of connected services via apps, including satellite-navigation and podcast/webcast streaming.

I know it's so, for I told me so
NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I guess they are Adam-ant about production Laughing
Download & SEE iT! >> http://www.zorce.com/fortheforums/Zorce-15.mp4

Oh Yeah! Feel the Rush, it's like... WOW!
May the (Mass x Acceleration)-F+Z be with you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh good grief

I know it's so, for I told me so
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> Zorcerazzi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: