The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ACID REFLUX & Diet!... You really ARE What You Eat!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: ACID REFLUX & Diet!... You really ARE What You Eat!!! Reply with quote

Sanctifier wrote:
Yup this is a CAR Forum...

Yup this CAR Forum is about one of the BEST performance cars ever built!...

Nope, this thread is NOT about CARS!...
but if you feel like sh!t you won't be able to enjoy your "ride" much, will you?

All to many 2nrs SUFFER (actual pain and poor quality of life) from the effects of ACID REFLUX and all the related symptoms associated with digestive problems...

If you're one of the SUFFERERS... This One's For You!...
Quote:
Flatulence... Abdominal Cramps & Pain... Constipation... Explosive Diarrhea... Nausea... Vomiting...
MUST ALWAYS BE NEAR A TOILET!... and must PLAN your trips accordingly...OR ELSE!!! Rolling Eyes

The suffering, FEAR and stress caused by digestive disorders are things that all too many of us live with every day.
Hopefully, this thread will bring some measure of relief to some of you and help to improve your quality of life.

Please add your stories, possible relief measures that you have tried and the RESULTS that you achieved.

My $0.02¢

Last edited by Sanctifier on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's start the ball rollin'...
Could TOXINS be a MAJOR PART of the problems that cause ACID REFLUX Question

This info was an eye-opener to me...

IMHO this type of so-called "food" with all of it's PRESERVATIVES, eaten for MANY YEARS is bound to have a negative effect on your digestive system and ultimately your HEALTH.

This also points directly to the reason why so many people (and especially THEIR CHILDREN) in the so-called "lower income" bracket are MORBIDLY OBEASE; since historically they are the largest customer segment throughout all branches of the "Fast Food" Industry.

It's the OIL and other ingredients used...
This isn't meant to 'knock' McDonalds or any other "Fast Food" establishment.
Rather, I hope it can help to open the eyes of some of their decision-makers so that CHANGE can come to the WAY that they all prepare the food that we all love (and suffer from) so much.
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ^ ^ SUGAR & You!!!... You LOVE it... but IT HATES YOU!!!

Sodas & almost ALL Fruit Drinks...
I always wondered what all the fuss was about!
This helped to open my eyes... and my mind!...

Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay... after all that unpleasant news... So what can you do to ease the unpleasant and sometimes painful symptoms of Acid Reflux Disease etc. etc.

These are some of my posts from 'the other place'...
Sanctifier wrote:
IMHO before taking any medications/remedies you should check your pH level every 12 hours!
However pH test strips (saliva or urine) are expensive over time... and have to be imported.
jsr wrote:
I know of people trying Alkaline water for this... can link anyone up with the info
Kangen Water... I've used Ionized Alkaline Water for a couple years. It DOES give relief, especially if used together with other remedies. It should be as "fresh" as possible. It does have a "shelf life", so use within a couple days of purchase.

INSTANT RELIEF for an Acid Reflux/GERD/Crohn’s Disease/Celiac Disease Attack... Do this to immediately stop nausea and "light headed"/dizzy symptoms... relieve diarrhea symptoms... relieve pain and settle your stomach overnight (take before bedtime.)
Sanctifier wrote:
1/2 to 1 x small, level teaspoon of Baking Soda in less than a HALF GLASS of water... EXCELLENT results Exclamation
After YEARS of SERIOUS suffering; I'm using this for a couple years to regain & maintain a decent quality of life.

These DID work for me... but are subjective and affect people differently...
Sanctifier wrote:
Other GOOD remedies that relieve my symptoms... CUCUMBERS... and APPLES.

STOP EATING BREAD!... Gluten contributes to poor digestion and bowel disorders...
Link--> Trial of Gluten-free Diet in patients with Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

I am going to investigate this soon... Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA)...
Sanctifier wrote:
Link--> Reduce Embarrassing (and Painful) Crohn’s and Irritable Bowel Symptoms Naturally.

BTW for all you Nexium users... IMHO don't use for more than a couple weeks... better yet... STOP NOW!
Sanctifier wrote:
I used this crap years ago. It did NOT offer any sustainable relief. It also causes lack of mental clarity (at best)... EXTREME "irritability & anger issues"... or even drug induced hallucinations (at worst) during sustained use.

Link--> Nexium side effects reported to FDA.

My $0.02¢

Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT UPDATE!...
My post above listed the things that gave me relief from whatever was/is causing MY debilitating symptoms.

The following link is from a recognized Doctor and lists the symptoms, causes, testing procedures and most important the possible CURES for the range of digestive ailments (GERD, Crohn’s disease, Acid Reflux, H. pylori infection, Irritable Bowel Syndrome etc.) that are discussed earlier...

Link--> How To Cure Irritable Bowel Syndrome in a Few Days.

The Doctor's $0.02¢
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ ^ ^ Updating the UPDATE... Laughing

On a more serious note... I can now report SIGNIFICANT RELIEF from ALL my symptoms (FREQUENT Acid Reflux attacks, SEVERE diarrhea & constipation (yes... both symptoms), mucus, dizziness & nausea)... especially if I missed a meal, started to feel hungry and stomach acids started to attack.
Sanctifier wrote:
I stopped eating BREAD (substituted crackers)... and all 'boxed' cereals (used OATMEAL & milk for a couple weeks instead)...
...I reduced ALL processed SAUSAGE & MEAT SUBSTITUTES (anything that contains 'nitrites')...
I still ate all the usual dairy products... milk, cheese, eggs etc.
I still used coffee, tea, packaged fruit juices (although all contain SUGAR as well as FOOD COLOURING and are bad for your digestive system)...
I reduced aerated SOFT-DRINKS etc. to almost zero...
During that six week period, I only had to use my Baking Soda Remedy THREE times to relieve Acid Reflux attacks.
My symptoms declined by AT LEAST 75% and I started to feel better for much longer periods of time.
For me, this was a SIGNIFICANT improvement compared to the last TWENTY-FIVE (25) YEARS.

After that six-week period, I've also been doing this for the past three weeks with GREAT success!!!
Sanctifier wrote:
Changed my usual (VERY) HIGH CARBOHYDRATE diet to a HIGH PROTEIN diet...
by substituting breakfast and dinner with a high protein shake... If I want more, I eat cheese & crackers or fruit.

I reduced my "dairy" intake to almost zero... Milk (very seldom), a little cheese (3 or 4 times a week.)
Still little or no SAUSAGE or processed meat products at all...

I have greatly reduced my intake of SUGAR... btw I don't just have a sweet tooth... ALL my teeth are 'sweet.' Laughing Laughing

I eat three or four times as many veggies... and a TON of fruit when I feel like it.

Occasionally I "juice" fresh fruit (paw paw, water mellon, grapes, apples etc.) instead of using packaged drinks.
I also substitute packaged drinks with a glass of water + half-teaspoon of "Green Tea Extract", three caps full of Aloe Vera that comes with the Protein Powders in the kit (there are 3 proteins in the kit) + some Honey (when I can afford it.) These help to reduce your appetite, acts like a 'cleanser' and helps reduce inflammation as well.

I try to substitute HONEY for sugar to reduce the glucose spikes that cause weight gain... but @ $175-to-$200/ bottle it's difficult for me to maintain this.

If (when) I feel like cheating, I eat 4 squares of Cadbury's DARK Chocolate... sometimes as much as once a day.
It's CHEAPER than regular milk chocolate... and it also helps you LOOSE WEIGHT!!!

I still eat a lot of whole eggs... especially on my "cheat day" (Sundays.) BTW the yolk IS good for you too!

I can't afford to feel hungry... or else the Acid Reflux/GERD/Crohn’s Disease Attack is VERY SEVERE!
Sanctifier wrote:
I can now report that since starting the Protein shakes I have NEVER felt hungry at all... Not once!
I also eat THREE prunes x TWICE a day to help in digestion and colon cleansing. (Gross comment... but important!)

I have had NO/ZERO/ZILCH Acid Reflux Attacks for the last three weeks... AND my stomach problems are GREATLY improved. Energy levels are up quite a bit too... Cool

BTW I also lost FIVE lbs. (2.27 kg) in the first eleven days (226 lb/102.5 kg at start)... and as of today, a total of EIGHT lbs (3.63 kg) in THREE WEEKS!!!... Still very overweight (218 lb/98.9 kg today)... but the HUGH paunch is now half it's original size. My goal is to get to 190 lbs (86.2 kg) in 6 months...

We'll see how that goes! Wink
I hope this will help some of you... btw ALL THIS IS WITHOUT ANY EXERCISE AT ALL!!! I restart training next week!

Just in case you think that I am some kind of "health nut"... Nahhh! Nothing could be further from the truth... and I was also VERY SCEPTICAL about this "Protein shake" thing too!!! For the record, I just turned 60 on 28/09/2013... and although I never exercise consistently (lazy) and I haven't done any exercise for over two months I can now leg press 300 lbs (136.1 kg.) for my 3rd set for at least 6 reps... + 2... + 2 more. (10 total.)
My 2nd goal is a 600 lb (272.16 kg) leg press x 10 reps... for my 3rd set... also in 6 months.

I'll tell you my 3rd goal if & when I feel more confident of achieving it! Laughing
Sanctifier wrote:
BTW I HAVE STOPPED TAKING ALL MEDICATIONS EXCEPT A VITAMIN SUPPPLIMENT!
More to come!!! Wink

My $0.02¢
Sanctifier
Zorce Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another "Heads up" that I got off the net...
INH Health Watch wrote:
5 Proven, Natural Solutions for Fighting Acid Reflux:

1. Coconut Oil: It’s one of the best fats you can eat to support your health. But a tablespoon of coconut oil each day is also a great way to prevent acid reflux from acting up.

Coconut oil is antimicrobial. Eating it cleans the bacteria out of your esophagus. It heals the damage caused by acid reflux. It also kills the harmful bacteria in your gut that cause inflammation.

This fat will also help your body produce chloride. You need this for your body to make stomach acid. Not having enough stomach acid can actually cause acid reflux. Without enough of it, you won’t be able to fight off bacteria…or properly digest the foods you eat.

2. Ginger: The power of ginger goes way beyond fixing a bellyache.
Ginger is up to eight times more effective at killing bacteria that can cause acid reflux than drugs like Prevacid. Ginger doesn’t stop your body from making stomach acid. It simply helps keep it under control.

And because of its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, ginger can make the lining of your stomach stronger. As a result, you won’t feel the effects of acid reflux as much even when it acts up on you.

You can use whole ginger to add new flavors to meals, but you can also find it as a supplement. It makes a great addition to tea as well.

3. Calcium: Not getting enough calcium leads to much more than weak bones.
Calcium makes the LES tighten. This helps keep stomach acid where it belongs. But we don’t recommend taking a supplement. It needs to come from whole food sources and get absorbed in the stomach to be effective.

Try adding some to your diet to keep your LES working the right way. But don’t depend on milk. You can do better than that. Sardines, salmon, kale, and plain yogurt are great sources of calcium… And they aren’t as inflammatory.

4. Astaxanthin: One study shows that subjects who received 40 mg of this a day had significant improvements in their acid reflux symptoms after four weeks. And the healing effect was more pronounced in people with Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori) infections. This harmful bacterium causes ulcers and an imbalance of stomach acid. In other words, you don’t want it hanging around.

You can get astaxanthin from cold water fish like wild-caught salmon. But there’s also a good amount of it in most krill oil supplements as well.

5. Ellagic Acid: This polyphenol protects your stomach and esophagus from H. pylori. It also fights inflammation and protects you against ulcers.

Studies show that it decreases tumor growth caused by H. pylori by up to 55 percent.

Even if ulcers aren’t something you worry about, it reduces the inflammation that helps cause acid reflux symptoms. You can find it in strawberries, pomegranates, and walnuts.

If you struggle with acid reflux, GERD, or even the occasional heartburn, antacids definitely aren’t the answer. You want to actually fix the problem causing the symptoms, not just get temporary relief.

Instead of a prescription or over-the-counter “remedies,” try any of these natural solutions to treat your acid reflux and help keep it from coming back for good.

I still suffer from bloating caused by H. pylori, so I'll look into these soon and post the results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Mitsubishi Madmen All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: