The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Maxima/Cefiro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Secret Project Room (tsk)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A33_VQ35
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Project Maxima/Cefiro Reply with quote

Had this project to do awhile now, first of it's kind in t&t. Finally did it over the weekend(well part of it at least).... read on........

Ok guys, it's been a long time, but project VQ20 to VQ35 has begun.

Day 1

Basically pulling the VQ20 out of the car, completely, including harness and ECM.

Pics of the tear down process, complete with rain:

Removing the ECM, Pain in the rear!!!

Casualties of war, a broken stanley power handle, pls don't ask how.........

Then we brought in the big guns....

Pic very bad, but basically, the coolant hoses on firewall removed, radiator out, accelerator cable out, engine harness ready to be puled through firewal(not looking forward to that!!) HP power steering line disconnected, jus crossmenber and mounts to remove, gear shifter also and then pull engine .

Day 2 is where its all gonna take place. Was a long day, considering it was my first time disconnecting an engine out a car...

Look forward to VQ20 out VQ35 In..........

Last edited by A33_VQ35 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
A33_VQ35
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys was a very long and tiring day......

Basically the Vq35 is in, bolted bolt for bolt, had some issues with clearance which i will get to.

to get the 20 out we decided to lift it out whole as i had a tranny with the 35 so it didn't make sense parting it with the tranny to get it out an put the 35 in. takin the 20 out was a real pain in the rear, well it was my first time also....

we basically lifter the whole engine"vq20" out through the engine mount on the valve cover on the "left hand side facing the engine". was a real real pain so we decided to put in the 35 from under the car. so we had to jack the car higher which wasn't a prob. but we ended up maxin out the height of the jack stands.

gettin in the 35 was alot of work also as i had no trolley so we pushed(both with hands and feet) and rocked until it was in. there was a point where we had to lift the chassis with the cherry picker(to clr the intake manifold)as we had no more lift with the jack or jackstands. so we eventually got it in dropped the car back to meet the jack stands and then hooked the cherry picker on the 35 to hoist it in position.

crossmember bolted right on que, other mounts bolted right on que. so LHD and rhd have same mounting points. did have some issues with the left side as my master cylinder is there. first issue was that the VQ35 engine harness passes to the left then goes behind the engine through the firewall.

my car(and vq20 by extension) passed the engine harness out the firewall over the tranny then in front. so basically it meant that where lil plastic thing is on the back of the engine with all the wires IS where my Master cylinder IS also. so i had to remove it and rest it on top the engine. found a way around it though as i removed the plastic housing the wires and pushed the wires under the MS. will post pics of it in a bit to clr up what i mean. the second issue is that the high pressure power steering line to bolt on top the strut passes directly over the master cylinder reservoir. basically mean it can't open with the line bolted. not sure what's gonna happen with it so i left it hanging. another issue is that the 20 uses a 2 pin switch for the PW line and the 35 uses a 3 pin. again not sure what's gonna happen. may have to use back my 20 line or 35 harness(for the power steering line).

those were the only probs so far. car to go to wire in e-gas pedal and (I35)instrument panel as it's much nicer. hope the e-gas pedal fits!!!!

may have an issue with closing the hood as the 35 IM sits way higher than the 20. it's basically sitting as high or higher than the strut tower.

Last edited by A33_VQ35 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
A33_VQ35
Pumpum Conqueror

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plex
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet project..Keep it coming and updates...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NarendZORCE
Zorce Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Wow Wow!
Download & SEE iT! >> http://www.zorce.com/fortheforums/Zorce-15.mp4

Oh Yeah! Feel the Rush, it's like... WOW!
May the (Mass x Acceleration)-F+Z be with you...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Secret Project Room (tsk) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: