The Racing Magazine in the Islands
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROJECT 240SX SE !!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Secret Project Room (tsk)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Friend, you don't chip rust.........you accept it and have another beer

I know it's so, for I told me so
Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update...the car runs. dad took it for a test drive but there was a loud rattling sound from the rear. turns out the subframe bushings were rotted out. that should be changed this week. on order are door panels and shift boots and trim. next step will be brakes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Jahling
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know it was possible for the subframe bushings to rot out like that. Might as well swap them out for some solid aluminum ones.

http://www.240sxmotoring.com/stalsubusetf.html
or
http://www.splparts.com/main4/parts/Z32/Suspension/Subframe/default.htm
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah unfortunately funds are running low so wont be swapping them for the higher end until later. so i ordered the parts from autozone. i found a lower shift boot and retainer ring for $25 on zilvia.net so thats done. just have to order the shift boot itself and get a shift knob to complete the interior.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got my hands on a pair of door panels for a good price seeing that the ones in the car are bad. also front bumper lights came in also. heading to the mech tomorow to see wats up with the subframe. other than that shes ready for the road test.
Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an update.. all is running well..had to install new shocks all around due to the fact the other ones were shot. also replaced front tie rods to take away the shaking in the front end. all points check out ok. have to get the wiring checked out to take out any last gremlins and its off to paint. will have pics as soon as i get it to the body shop.
Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well shes finally going to paint. helped stripped off the front and the tailights for now.
going to start sanding and priming on tuesday. this is how she looks now

also found out that the car had been in a small accident after we took the bumper off. nothing big just some dents.

Yeo
Zorce Jedi Master

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward to seeing it when its' done.

(btw, yuh wife need a new laptop)
Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here we go this was from last night sanding

Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

need some help guys, was thinking of changing out the stock fogs only because they are damaged and are too expensive( i think) to replace. seeing that we are in fl dont really need them that much. wanted to change to a cheaper replacement. question is which one. can anyone shop some choices for me on this image?
MG Man
Zorce Klingon Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn;t know where to start, but how about converting them to brake cooling intakes?

I know it's so, for I told me so
Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a bad idea, there are no splash guards in the front wheel wells plus the bumper is already vented so there we go already lol.
Fuzz Windu
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well good news i got my hands on a pair of kouki side skirts. they will be going on the car this weekend. will post pics later
Jahling
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job getting a hold of some kouki sides. They do a lot for the car. Good luck with all the body work. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out. Be sure to reseal the tail lights properly when mounting them back onto the car or else rain will leak all into your trunk. Another lesson learned the hard way.

The fogs sell for just under $100 on the forums. Stay with the stock ones. People tend to run them down cause they only came on the SE's. I don't use mine at all. My front plate even covers one of them. I'll eventually ditch them because they will get in the way of the intercooler piping.

What happened with the subframe bushings?

Oh yeah, since you are doing the body work now, roll your fender lips flat on all 4 corners so that you will have more clearance when you go for wheels/tyres/suspension. That way you won't have to worry about cracking the paint later on. I'm going to have to do mine when the coilovers go on.
Jedi Hopeful

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunatley its already painted before i saw ur post jahling. couple of minor stuff i couldnt repair 100% might have to replace the bumper. but for now it does the job. i resealed the tailights with extra silicone. going to seal the sunroof due to leaks. also putting in new door panels. prolly not going change the suspension anytime soon. subframe is taken care off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zorce.com Forum Index -> The Secret Project Room (tsk) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: