Sheldon Bissessar has done it again!
The Top Dragster Elite 8 competition was again taken by storm despite the hot weather which in fact was responsible for everyone's times dropping off.
The Trinidad Rocket managed to secure the number two position after three rounds of qualifying just hundreths of a second off Eddie Carrecia's pacesetting run of 5.94 vs. Bissessar's 5.96. They were the only two Top Dragsters to qualify in the five-second range. Carrecia's luck ran out however as he continued into the first elimination round with a 6.20 pass against a dial in time 5.85, breaking a valve in the process. Sheldon however decimated the competition including Carrecia with an astounding 5.88 pass against a dial of 5.82! The run would stand as the fastest Top Dragster time of the meet as track temperatures soared to 135 degrees while ambient temps approached the 100 degree mark.
So why not run in the Top Dragster dial-up competition?
"Because we don't get to run all-out". says Bissessar.
ROCKINGHAM, N.C. - SUMMIT FastNews -
Final order after one round of qualifying in Elite 8 Top Dragster at the 2010 Nitro Jam Series, IHRA Spring Nitro Jam (May 1st - May 2nd, 2010):
Psn Driver Vehicle ET Speed
1. Sheldon Bissessar Sipple 5.960 225.75
2. Rob McKinley Massey 6.165 214.55
3. Burwell Kendrick Horton 6.311 217.25
4. Jody Stroud Spitzer 6.424 214.35
5. James Leo Page 6.575 202.52
6. Scott Duggins RaceTech 6.776 186.77
7. Travis Blalock RaceTech 6.861 198.88
8. Vince Musolino Miller 6.863 188.12
- Written by Editor in Chief | Narend Sooknarine
- Category: Auto News